top of page

Absence from Work Certificates

When you need to take sick leave from work, most employers will require you to provide a certificate from a health professional, such as a medical certificate or Absence from Work certificate.

Absence from Work Certificates are issued at the pharmacists’ discretion. Pharmacists can only issue certificates for conditions that are within their scope of practice; such as minor ailments. If your illness or injury is outside a pharmacist’s ability to assess, they will refer you to a doctor or other relevant healthcare professional.

Note: Absence from Work Certificates cannot be provided for absences relating to pregnancy or compassionate leave.

The cost of the service is $25.

bottom of page